Halloween Costume Idea: Audrey Hepburn
We LOVE Halloween- it is the one time of the year where adults can play dress-up too! This means a lot of thought needs to go in to your get-up and often times we find ourselves spending too much money on cheaply-made costumes we will never wear again!
This year, we are finding more practical ways to put together the perfect costume without spending too much money. In this article we have put together our own Audrey Hepburn Look from her memorable role in Breakfast At Tiffany's using fashionable pieces that can also be worn long after Halloween!
As Seen Above:
1. First start with a long black dress. We chose this elegant Black Maxi Dress from NastyGal.com for only $38! Not only does this dress resemble the long, classic dress worn by Audrey Hepburn, but it's unllined, stretch fabric meterial makes it chic and comfortable. For a more formal look, like Audrey's, pair this dress with sleek black pumps and dazzling costume jewelry. However, what is best about this dress is that you can style it down into a day dress by adding simple flats paired with either a colorful knit or scarf for a stylish bohemian grunge look.
2. Next, we chose some extravagant accessories to liven up our look:
We found this Tiara hair-piece online for only $11! Ok, maybe this isn't a year-round item, but you can use it for next years Halloween costume as an ice princess or DivaThe beautiful rhinestone detail pulls the outfit together to give the look of absolute glamor! With rivets located at the back of the Tiara, this crown will stay in it's proper place on your head for an entire night of dancing!
3. This beautiful Rhinestone-Pearl Necklace is almost an exact replica of Audrey Hepburn's necklace- and guess what!- Its ONLY $12.50! This necklace is sure to turn any black dress into a ball gown. This necklace can match with any dress or formal outfit and make it sparkle!
4. Of course we needed the long black silk gloves to really make this outfit work. We found these gloves online for only $6.29! So maybe you won't wear these too often, but for $6.50 you can't go wrong!
5. Okay, maybe we splurged a little with this Rhinestone Clutch from Zara for $90.00, but it was just so pretty we couldn't help it! Plus, we would pair this beautiful piece with any formal outfit to really make a statement. However, if this piece is out of your price range, no worries! Its not eminent for the Audrey Hepburn look and any black or silver clutch will do!
6. Lastly- and how could we forget- THE SHOES! These Sofft Manhattans are the ultimate accessory to complete the Audrey Hepburn look phenomenally. We are obsessed with the ankle strap and the velvet lining- we can just picture Audrey Hepburn herself strutting along 5th Avenue in these picture perfect heels!
Want to complete the Audrey Hepburn look?
See these tutorials to create the perfect Audrey Hepburn Hairstyle and her Classic Cat eye look.